“I’ve finally come to realize I’m not by myself.” ~ Allison
In this 8 minute vlog, Allison talks about her life living with two anxiety disorders: Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Social Anxiety Disorder.
It is a compelling vlog. Allison has a great vibe and she talks about:
- her anxiety as a child;
- how her anxiety got worse after college;
- her experiences with medical professional when she went to seek help (twice);
- her denial over her diagnosis;
- her fear of workplace stigma and what she learned is the truth;
- her acceptance leading to a better quality of life and being active in the mental health community.
As usual, this is just a snippet of the actual post over at MentalHealthTalk.info. So to watch this 8minute vlog, I would be like to redirect you to the “official” Mental Health Talk post: http://mentalhealthtalk.info/talk_anxiety. Please come on over and look around.
While you’re there, please leave a comment with your feedback and/or your experiences with anxiety. I would really love to hear them.