I apologize for being tardy in acknowledging and accepting the two awards Mental Health Talk (MHT) has received lately. I mean no disrespect to the ladies who nominated MHT as I truly do LOVE receiving these awards and feel very honoured to be nominated by my peers.
First, The Sunshine Award. MHT was nomainted for this award by Rachel Miller at My Bipolar Life. Rachel has recently joined the MHT community and I am so happy she is here. I also resonate with a lot of what she writes on her blog–so check her out!
The award is given to blogs which contribute to the blogging community in a positive or inspirational way. How cool is that?
Those receiving the Sunshine Award are asked to:
- Thank the person who nominated you and write a post about it.
- Answer ten questions about yourself.
- Pass the award on to 10 or 12 bloggers you enjoy, link to their blogs, and let them know you nominated them.
I will get to the questions a little later in this post… right now I want to get to the nominating part because that’s the most fun!
The Bipolar Project – Sara has been away from blogging for a bit and I miss her wisdom. She inspires me by her attitude toward life, her purpose, and her experiences with bipolar. She is my friend and I love her.
purplepersuasion – Charlotte continues to put out one inspiring post after another. I love her writing and the topics she covers, including her experience with bipolar.
… But She’s Crazy – I am inspired by Eileen’s generousity and humanity.
Pride in Madness – I am inspired by her advocacy and I love that she’s a fellow Canadian!
If it’s not against the rules, I would like to renominate my nominator Rachel (My Bipolar Life) because she inspires me with her honesty.
MHT has been awarded The Versatile Blogger Award by … But She’s Crazy. Thank you for considering MHT in your nominations Eileen. I am honoured as I have a lot of respect for her writing (and you’d be the crazy one not to check it out!)
Those receiving The Versatile Blogging Award are asked to:
- Thank the person who gave you this award.
- Include a link to their blog.
- Next, select blogs that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly, who you wish to give this award to.
- Nominate those bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award
- Make sure to comment on those people’s blogs so that they are aware of their nomination (which is the award itself).
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
My nominations for The Versatile Blogger Award are:
Now on to the questions for both awards. I am a bit uncomfortable with this because MHT is not really my blog, but a platform for others to tell their stories. So I have decided I will answer the 10 questions personally and talk about 7 things about MHT.
- Favorite drink? Purified Well Water from my Berkey!
- Favorite food? Right now…. organic dark cherries with crushed almonds and local unpasteurized honey
- Age? 43
- Favorite time of day? Dawn
- Favorite time of year? Spring
- Favorite animal? Kitty cats
- Favorite movie? I get flashbacks to Cold Mountain. I don’t know if that’s because I thought it was a good movie or I have just seen it a bunch of times.
- Favorite vacation? Camping in Canada
- Physical activity? Walking
- Favorite thing? Lying in bed in the pitch dark with my ear plugs in.
(I really wanted to added in the “u” to the word Favourite… but I held back. Yes, I spell everything with a “u”!)
7 Things about MHT:
- MHT was born from my personal blog Out Behind the Curtain
- MHT was created so I could face the stigma I had toward my own experience with mental illness
- MHT used to publish weekly but I ran out of willing guests so I went to bi-weekly. Now the opposite is true and I am considering publishing weekly again.
- MHT is designed, developed and administered by my husband who is not only a technical wizard, but goes by the name Pookey Bear
- The number of visitors to MHT has increased by over 500% versus a year ago
- MHT is based on the fact that people who have/are experience mental illness are very well versed in the ways of the mind and have much value to share when it comes to mental health and life.
- MHT was originally named MentallyIll.info. I cannot remember why I changed the name now but I am sure it had something to do with the connotations surrounding “Mentally Ill”.
Again, I want to thank you for nominating MHT. I have added the awards to bottom half of media page on the “real” MHT blog (see http://mentalhealthtalk.info/media).
I am truly, truly honoured.